Only the application of astute investment criteria can maximize
the possibilities for entrepreneurial success. Acorn Campus selects
investments that adhere to Wayne Gretzky's model for achieving victory:
Go where the puck will benot where it is.
Acorn seeks core technologies
and products on which to build forward-looking businesses in communications,
wireless, semiconductor, photonics, internet and life science field.
This focused strategy ensures that Acorn invests only in
businesses that can grow into profitability, withstanding market
fluctuations and cyclical adjustments.
Acorn Campus Investment Philosophy
Acorn stands at the forefront of the company-creation business.
One reason is that Acorn understands the greater potential
in companies formed around new ideas. In short, disruptive technologies
yield higher multiples. And Acorn adds considerable value to the
The principal values Acorn sought are these:
- Strong team with solid core competency
- Viable intellectual property
- Industry paradigm shift and disruptive technologies
- Technology with high entry barriers
- Fit with the synergy of Acorn Campus portfolio companies
- Significant growth rate expected in specific segment